Last weekend we were invited over to a friend’s house for a barbecue. We were asked to bring an appetizer or side dish and our hosts would put together a make-your-own-kabob bar (genius idea!). Usually my go-to creation comes from the dessert course, but I had seen this recipe awhile back and had been wanting to try it. These minis were absolutely delicious and very easy to put together. A definite success and addition to my list of awesome appetizers.
Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls (seen in Picky Palate)
- 13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf, I used Simply Pillsbury
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup light sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chile pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin cups with non stick cooking spray. Unroll package of french bread loaf and slice into 10 equal size slices, about 1 inch thick. Press each slice into about a 3 inch round. Press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes then add garlic, cook and stir for another minute then turn heat off.
3. Place cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach and garlic, parmesan cheese, chili powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
4. Scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls. Top evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.