One final post before my staycation sadly comes to an end. Earlier this week I bought some zucchini to try a breakfast frittata recipe. Unfortunately, I ran out of time and when I was organizing my fridge this afternoon I noticed that they were still in my vegetable drawer. I had seen this recipe on Pinterest (my favorite website), and thought that it would be a great way to incorporate this ingredient into a healthy breakfast treat. The end result was fantastic and this recipe will definitely be added to my bag of tricks! Also, if you have kids, this is a great way to sneak some veggies into a meal or snack without them even noticing. Sneaky success 😉
Zucchini Bread (from Lovin’ from the Oven)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- Butter two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the eggs, oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and both sugars in a large bowl.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon into the mixture.
- Gently stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.